What is required to apply to rent a property?
- All adults (18 years of age or older) intending to live in the property must submit an individual application and pay the application fee of $50.00. Applications will not be processed until the fee is paid. Application Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Complete the application in full. Include current and past residences within the last 3 years with complete landlord information and contact numbers.
- Upload the following documents or email them to email@example.com immediately after applying online:
- Valid government-issued photo ID;
- 1 month’s most recent Pay Stubs/ Proof of Income and Employment (for Employed);
- 2 years’ most recent Income Tax Returns or 3 months’ bank statements (for Self-Employed);
- Pet photo with Applicant in the image (if applicable); and
- Completed PetScreening.com Pet Application Form (if applicable).
- Spectrum Realty Services, LLC highly encourages all applicants or their agents to physically tour the home before making a deposit on the property.
What would cause an automatic decline?
Evictions, unpaid balances due to landlords, credit score beneath 520, insufficient income (less than 2x the rent), unsatisfactory references, violent felonies in the last 7 years, and recent bankruptcies. Unqualified occupants, pets and/or vehicles can also be a reason for being declined.
What if there are multiple applications on the same property?
We will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of the rental property, we will accept the best application, which may not necessarily be the first application received. We follow up with all approved and back-up applicants until a lease is signed and funded.